Lucknow | 01 Jul, 2021 (1 year, 11 months ago)

Property Law

Uttar Pradesh

Hello, I want to know about the rights of a wife and a daughter if my father is giving their property to their brother's son because we are two sisters, we don't have any brother. And this property is ancestors property not my father's property. So what we can do to stop our father to give the some part of property to my cousin brother, so is their any right of a daughter (me) and my mother. What we can do because it's ancestors property and I have full right to claim on it being a girl. And the will that my grandfather had made, refused by my father and their 3 brothers but still we r ready for the another will made by everyones agreement but still my father and other their brother are not ready to give some part of property because we r two sisters and don't have any brother, it's request please please help.
01 Jul, 2021 | 17:02

Dear mam, after amendment of Hindu Marriage Act, 2005, daughter have equal share in the ancestral property as other family members have. I would recommend you to file a suit for partition of your ancestral property and share your claim according to will of your grandfather. For any further assistance, feel free to contact me on my e-mail ""

Shubham Pabbi & Associates


Advice on call

Fixed fee on-call advice
from expert lawyers.

talk to a lawyer

Get free Quotes

Post a requirement & get quotes from verified lawyers.

Get Free Legal Advice

Need legal help?

Send us your requirements and get free proposals directly to your inbox.

Get free proposals