Pune | 07 Feb, 2023 (1 month, 2 weeks ago)

Property Law

Shirin khan

There is a gift deed of property flat from my maternal uncle to my father which went smoothly. However, the society is demanding 30 k to transfer the share to my dad's name.
08 Feb, 2023 | 16:42

Your case is of gift from your Uncle to your Father due to natural love and affection without exchange of any consideration amount. In such a case, a 'gift deed' is registered and your Uncle is to submit the required letter of resignation from membership along with an undertaking/indemnity as required by law to the society. The society would be wrong in demanding any transfer premium as the issue of premium arises only in case of sale transaction where "consideration" is involved.

You may reach out at advakshaylal@gmail.com, for further discussions.

Adv. Akshay Lal
Taarkik Legal - Advocates & Consultants


Advice on call

Fixed fee on-call advice
from expert lawyers.

talk to a lawyer

Get free Quotes

Post a requirement & get quotes from verified lawyers.

Get Free Legal Advice

Need legal help?

Send us your requirements and get free proposals directly to your inbox.

Get free proposals