Gurgaon | 30 Nov, 2021 (1 year, 6 months ago)

Property Law

Property rights of widow in inherited property

How can my mother who is a widow can claim her share in ancestral property which is divided amongst my late father and his brothers. My father's name is mentioned in the will but the property is forcefully acquired by one of his brother (my uncle).
01 Dec, 2021 | 07:35

Dear client
As per your submission it reveals that this is a matter of partition and separate possession as per Hindu succession Act
Your mother and you can claim partition and separate possession in ancestral coparcenary ancestral as per Hindu law
The share of your father would devolve between his legal heirs
For advise please mail me on

30 Nov, 2021 | 22:08

You mother will be entitled to only that part of share which your father got after division of ancestral property. For any further assistance, feel free to contact me on my e-mail ""

Shubham Pabbi & Associates


Advice on call

Fixed fee on-call advice
from expert lawyers.

talk to a lawyer

Get free Quotes

Post a requirement & get quotes from verified lawyers.

Get Free Legal Advice

Need legal help?

Send us your requirements and get free proposals directly to your inbox.

Get free proposals