Muzaffarpur | 05 May, 2021 (2 years ago)

Property Law

Property related

There is a piece of land in city registered in the name of my mother who died 6 years ago. She was a housewife. Now, my father want to gift/register that land in the name of my brother. We are 4 sisters & 1 brother. Can we sisters also claim our share in this land & how to do so? Also would like to know how to stop registration of land in my brother's name alone?
06 May, 2021 | 13:31

Presuming you all are hindu and the property is your mother's self acquired property and your mother died interstate then the property shall devolve equally among the children and the husband, one share each. That being so your father can only legally transfer his share of the property to anyone of his choice and you cannot do much about it. But he is not entitled to share your part and you can accordingly file a case of partition as well as injunction to claim your share in the property. If you think my advice is of help to you and if you can afford kindly send me consultation charges at 9013429126@axisbank (whatever you can afford and think this advice is worthy of)

06 May, 2021 | 06:38

You can file suit for perpetual injunction against your father for restraining him from transfer
If you want legal advise then you can call me on mobile no 9359867870


Advice on call

Fixed fee on-call advice
from expert lawyers.

talk to a lawyer

Get free Quotes

Post a requirement & get quotes from verified lawyers.

Get Free Legal Advice

Need legal help?

Send us your requirements and get free proposals directly to your inbox.

Get free proposals