Thiruvananthapuram | 26 Jul, 2021 (1 year, 10 months ago)

Property Law

Property matters

My Brother had debts. I cleared the debts and registered (sale deed- Nov- 2019) the property in my name to avoid family disgrace. My stand at that time was that i am paying him more than the market rate. But i did not ask him to vacate due to brotherly affection. I made a rent agreement but he is not paying rent. He maintains that he has no income. Now he says that he will not vacate until i pay him 20 lacs more, ,which he now claims is the market rate. His wife is a Govt Teacher and they do have income. What options i have. Should i negotiate and pay him some amt and ask to vacate OR serve him legal notice to vacate. If i go for the second option, how much time it may take to vacate him. I understand that he can also counter file on some grounds and delay matters. I am working in KSA. Pls advice.
26 Jul, 2021 | 18:33

Dear sir
As you submitted all ready sale deed was executed in your favour that means you are. Legally owner of property
Your brother possession over property is illegal
There is tenancy deed
Therefore you can send legal notice through your advocate for eviction and can claim possession
For further discussion please mail me on


Advice on call

Fixed fee on-call advice
from expert lawyers.

talk to a lawyer

Get free Quotes

Post a requirement & get quotes from verified lawyers.

Get Free Legal Advice

Need legal help?

Send us your requirements and get free proposals directly to your inbox.

Get free proposals