Satara | 05 May, 2021 (1 year, 10 months ago)

Property Law

One peson denying maintenance in 5 flat building.

We are living in small residential building. There are 5 flats in it. We are unable to form society bcz of number of flats are only 5. One person bought flat on ground floor and converted that into business office by making internal changes includes destruction of walls. He also made godown on back side where he got free space for use. He is denying maintenance of building which is more than 50k. His logic is that he is leaving on ground floor so any leakage proofing need to be done on terrace he will not pay. What is best course of action to get maintenance amount from him.
06 May, 2021 | 14:38

if the sale deed has terrace on common then the maintenance of the terrace will also be on common. You can serve a legal notice on him first asking him to pay the maintenance charges and then if he do not comply then you can get the roof repaired by yourself and file a money suit against him for the money due from him.

If you like my advice and can afford to pay me for the consultation then donate me at my UPI address - 9013429126@axisbank


Advice on call

Fixed fee on-call advice
from expert lawyers.

talk to a lawyer

Get free Quotes

Post a requirement & get quotes from verified lawyers.

Get Free Legal Advice

Need legal help?

Send us your requirements and get free proposals directly to your inbox.

Get free proposals