Thane | 05 Feb, 2022 (1 year, 1 month ago)

Property Law

no leave license or any written agreement

3 years back My father purchased a shop in Thane . By the previous owner the shop was given on leave license basis for 33 months and a period of 10 months was still due for expiry of the leave license period. We therefore allowed the tenant to continue and accepted the rent , duly issuing RENT ACCEPTANCE receipt. After expiry of leave license period of 10 months , we did not enter into any fresh Leave License agreement or any written agreement & we let him continue the occupation and kept on accepting the rent for one & half year . We orally asked him to enhance the rent and he accepted and increased the rent . Two more years passed and we kept on accepting the rent and issued him RENT receipts. We have not entered into any leave license agreement or any written contract etc. There is nothing on papers. Kindly clarify – Now -If we want to the tenant to vacate the shop , what is our legal position ?
05 Feb, 2022 | 13:40

Since you do not have any renewed licence deed, you cannot claim your right legally as per the provisions of law. However, there are certain exceptional circumstances. For any further assistance, feel free to contact me on 9876784071 or through my e-mail ""

Shubham Pabbi & Associates

05 Feb, 2022 | 12:46

Dear client
As per your submission it reveals that this is the matter of leave and licence as per Maharashtra rent control Act however please mention whether any leave and licence agreement was executed and registered in your case give me detail information of your matter then we will discuss your case you can call me for advice on
935986 7870 advocate erfan Shaikh

Asker 07 Feb, 2022 | 15:42

SIR , I have already stated that we have not entered into ANY REPEAT ANY Agreement what so ever . Pl. lete us know if there is any remedy in law for us ?

05 Feb, 2022 | 12:05

Please reach me at 9794148274 for consultation

Asker 07 Feb, 2022 | 15:43

Pl. issue reply sir .

Asker 07 Feb, 2022 | 15:42

All I want is written answer , will consult a lawyer there after.

Asker 05 Feb, 2022 | 12:31

All I want is written answer , will consult a lawyer there after.


Advice on call

Fixed fee on-call advice
from expert lawyers.

talk to a lawyer

Get free Quotes

Post a requirement & get quotes from verified lawyers.

Get Free Legal Advice

Need legal help?

Send us your requirements and get free proposals directly to your inbox.

Get free proposals