Bengaluru | 15 Apr, 2021 (2 years, 1 month ago)

Property Law

Landlord issue

I am a tenant in South Bangalore. I moved into the property on November 5th 2020. The rental agreement is as usual valid for 11 months. There is no clause that I have to stay for 11 months though. It says I should give 1 month notice before vacating the premises. I have paid a deposit amount as per the usual practice in Bangalore. The owner is supposed to return this while I vacate. It's been agreed upon and mentioned in agreement that he will deduct 1 month rent plus any damage cost and return the remaining deposit money. I wish to vacate the premises before 11 months, I have given the notice as per agreement also. However the owner has stated that I can vacate if I want to but he won't return the deposit until rental agreement expires due to his financial commitment. Again this is not a clause in the agreement. Also he said that there are other tenants who vacated recently so they get priority when he has to return the deposit. This is again not as per agreement. Please advise what my options are.
16 Apr, 2021 | 16:42

Hey, you will have to send a legal notice from an advocate. That should help getting deposit back.

16 Apr, 2021 | 06:22

Dear client
This is a matter tenancy agreement
You can send legal notice through your advocate and can claim your security deposit
Inspite of notice if no security deposit paid by owner then you can file suit for recovery of security deposit before Honourable court
You can call me for advise mob 9359867870
Advocate shaikh

Asker 16 Apr, 2021 | 16:50

Would it be an option that I stay without paying rent till my security deposit is recovered. I mean tell the owner to adjust the monthly rent I pay against the security deposit. I calculated and by end of agreement period the security deposit is more than enough to cover rent and painting charges. If I take this path would landlord be able to take any legal action?


Advice on call

Fixed fee on-call advice
from expert lawyers.

talk to a lawyer

Get free Quotes

Post a requirement & get quotes from verified lawyers.

Get Free Legal Advice

Need legal help?

Send us your requirements and get free proposals directly to your inbox.

Get free proposals