Bengaluru | 15 Aug, 2021 (1 year, 9 months ago)

Property Law


Hello, My great grandmother (maternal) had made a settlement deed in Jul 1955, for an inam village property, favouring her minor grandsons (my mother's brothers) as beneficiaries and her daughter-in-law (my mother's mother) as the custodian for the properties of a HUF. Later when these properties were regranted by the government, it did not come back to my grandmother, who was the above custodian, but it came to her husband, as the beneficiaries were still minors. Till date no partition has been done. Now, the question is: Since the regrant came to the head of the HUF, i.e. my grandfather, and no partition was done in his lifetime, is it considered as an ancestral property? Or will the settlement deed done before regrant, be deemed to be considered as a partition deed? Regards.
15 Aug, 2021 | 16:34

Hi, You may call on 9900237229 for discussion


Advice on call

Fixed fee on-call advice
from expert lawyers.

talk to a lawyer

Get free Quotes

Post a requirement & get quotes from verified lawyers.

Get Free Legal Advice

Need legal help?

Send us your requirements and get free proposals directly to your inbox.

Get free proposals