Mumbai | 05 Dec, 2020 (2 years ago)

Property Law

I need a lawyer to advice me on my property under redevelopment

My Building has been under construction since 2009. the project was of 22 floors, and was supposed to be completed by 2013. During the period of construction the builder was supposed to pay us rents. But after 2014 the builder didn't pay us rents and stopped construction of building. As of 2020 only 9 floors have been built, rest of the structure remains incompleted. The tenants have filed case against him but there's no outcome of the case. Builder has taken loans from several banks and has given certain flats to them as collateral. Builder has openly said he is no more interested in constructing the building. What should i do now?
12 Dec, 2020 | 19:19

The legal route is to send the builder a legal notice demanding either rent or the entire money you have put in. If there is no response then either the consumer forum or the RERA can be approached. Additionally, the NCLT is also a route. The NCLT route requires the presence of atleast 100 buyers or 10% of the total allottees.

Nevertheless, an FIR can also be filed against him before the Police and the EOW. Additionally, a letter can be written to the MCA to initiate SFIO inquiry.


Advice on call

Fixed fee on-call advice
from expert lawyers.

talk to a lawyer

Get free Quotes

Post a requirement & get quotes from verified lawyers.

Get Free Legal Advice

Need legal help?

Send us your requirements and get free proposals directly to your inbox.

Get free proposals