Kamareddy | 26 Dec, 2021 (1 year, 5 months ago)

Property Law

Husband trying to dispose of self acquired property

My husband a retired state govt employee bought a 2BHK flat. So it's his self acquired property. Husband and wife both are senior citizens (65+) and we both are married for more than 35 years. Now husband is trying to dispose of this flat as the document are only in his name and as it's his self acquired property. I don't have any other place to live apart from this only flat. What options do i have to prevent the sale of this flat by my husband. Can i send objection letter explaining my situation to local sub registrar and collector or to take any legal step. Please help.
26 Dec, 2021 | 14:12

Although the said property is the self-acquired property of your husband, but you have complete right to claim that property for your livelihood as that is your shelter and selling it without any necessary requirement would be a complete injustice to you. I'll provide you certain legal suggestions, but for that i need to ask certain questions from you. For any further assistance, feel free to contact me on my e-mail "shubhampabbiadv@gmail.com"

Shubham Pabbi & Associates

26 Dec, 2021 | 13:32

Dear client
As per your submission it reveals that this is a matter of sale of property by your husband which is self aquired property
Sub registrar will not entertain your objection until and unless there is court order
For advise and details discussion you can call me on


Advice on call

Fixed fee on-call advice
from expert lawyers.

talk to a lawyer

Get free Quotes

Post a requirement & get quotes from verified lawyers.

Get Free Legal Advice

Need legal help?

Send us your requirements and get free proposals directly to your inbox.

Get free proposals