Kolkata | 24 Feb, 2020 (3 years, 3 months ago)

Property Law

How can I dissociate myself from a home loan for a flat owned by me and wife?

I am currently paying a home loan for a flat owned jointly by me and my wife. If I want to get a divorce and leave that flat, how can I dissociate myself from the ownership and stop paying the home loan, leaving the ownership and hence the payment to wife only?
25 Feb, 2020 | 12:34

Legally, the joint liability can be shifted to the wife by way of a divorce decree or a settlement agreement duly recording the shift of liability.

You may contact our firm Upscale Legal for more proper legal advice on the same. You can contact us on +919818228118


Advice on call

Fixed fee on-call advice
from expert lawyers.

talk to a lawyer

Get free Quotes

Post a requirement & get quotes from verified lawyers.

Get Free Legal Advice

Need legal help?

Send us your requirements and get free proposals directly to your inbox.

Get free proposals