New Delhi | 24 Feb, 2021 (2 years, 3 months ago)

Property Law


I have an agreement with a tenant for a property, for which he is supposed to pay on every 10th. His second payment, was delyed by over a week, and he stopped picking phone. I whats apped him that I am giving the cheque in bank. The cheque was subject to clearance by bank, but was stopped by the drawer. He was supposed to pay me 60,000/- and made an imps trnsctn of 40000/-. Is there any law against stopping cheques. Please advice. Can i send him a warning letter against this. So he doesnt stop cheques, even after a delay of over 12 days.
25 Feb, 2021 | 09:36

You should immediately send him a legal notice. Although, legal proceedings can be initiated after issue of demand notice but many times an issue is settled after issue of the demand notice.


Advice on call

Fixed fee on-call advice
from expert lawyers.

talk to a lawyer

Get free Quotes

Post a requirement & get quotes from verified lawyers.

Get Free Legal Advice

Need legal help?

Send us your requirements and get free proposals directly to your inbox.

Get free proposals