Bengaluru | 14 Sep, 2021 (1 year, 8 months ago)

Property Law

Deduction in returning security deposit

Dear Team & Admins, Today need some advice on my existing flat issue. We are family staying in 2bhk since Mar21, with proper documents & agreement. We experienced water leakage issues starting April & by the end of Aug, it was leakage from multiple areas (to a extend that mushrooms started to grow on 7 walls). It was informed every month to the owner with reminders to fix it Response to such owner did visit flat for inspection with a plumber every fortnight, however, temporary work to fix these was done only by Sep end. It was done when we stopped the rent for the month of Sep & forced the owner to either let us go or fox it. (with an email) The owner now after doing a small patch-up job has called & asked to vacate the flat by showing the authority of agreement with a deduction claw of 20% of the deposit amount. (It is mentioned in agreement) Need serious advice if as a rentee we can challenge the way his flat was & want the full deposit back. I am okay with legal only if it helps. Thank you admin & group members for the advice.
16 Sep, 2021 | 11:15


Would have to see the agreement once before answering your query.

14 Sep, 2021 | 14:55

Yes. If owner is doing this thing, then you should definitely approach legally for justice. I'll provide you certain legal suggestions, but for that i need to see that agreement and i might need answers to my certain questions also from you. For any further assistance, feel free to contact me on my e-mail ""

Shubham Pabbi & Associates


Advice on call

Fixed fee on-call advice
from expert lawyers.

talk to a lawyer

Get free Quotes

Post a requirement & get quotes from verified lawyers.

Get Free Legal Advice

Need legal help?

Send us your requirements and get free proposals directly to your inbox.

Get free proposals