Sri Potti Sriramulu (Nellore) | 18 Jun, 2021 (1 year, 7 months ago)

Property Law

Challenging a fraud gift settlement with help of registered will

My uncle aged about 85 years wrote a registered will that after his death his leftover property will goes to his younger son kiran. later before 5 days of his death he made a registered gift settlement on the name of elder son rakesh. The settlement was made forcefully as my uncle was taken forcefully by elder son rakesh from the house of kiran in the very early morning.Immediately 5 days after settlement my uncle died. Is there any possibility to challenge fraud gift settlement in the court of law? Is there any powers vested with registered will? is gift settlement valid without cancelling registered will.? Please help sir.
18 Jun, 2021 | 22:03


Yes, you can get the gift settlement deed cancelled however the onus will be on you to show to the court that it was done by fraud. Now that your uncle is also not alive anymore, proving fraud gets even more tougher. So, based on any other evidences, take a decision.

18 Jun, 2021 | 09:45

Call me we will discuss
Mobile no 9359867870

18 Jun, 2021 | 09:44


You uncle would have appeared before the registrar for registration willingly? Do you have anything to show that there was undue influence?

Adv Shailendra Dubey


Advice on call

Fixed fee on-call advice
from expert lawyers.

talk to a lawyer

Get free Quotes

Post a requirement & get quotes from verified lawyers.

Get Free Legal Advice

Need legal help?

Send us your requirements and get free proposals directly to your inbox.

Get free proposals