Kolkata | 10 Mar, 2021 (2 years, 2 months ago)

Property Law

Builder not returning advance money

I have cancelled a flat due to builder not starting the construction after 2 years passed. I paid a total of 4 lakh as advance. He has returned 3 lakh but is not returning the rest 1 lakh. I have mailed him several times. He is not picking my calls. I have notarised agreement and payment receipt and bank statement to back my contribution. Also, he has received all the money in his wife's account and not the company account. Please guide me how can I get the rest of the back as soon as possible.
10 Mar, 2021 | 09:49

Best way is to send legal notice. Sometimes the balance amount is paid on receipt of legal notice. If not then you'll have to file a consumer case.


Advice on call

Fixed fee on-call advice
from expert lawyers.

talk to a lawyer

Get free Quotes

Post a requirement & get quotes from verified lawyers.

Get Free Legal Advice

Need legal help?

Send us your requirements and get free proposals directly to your inbox.

Get free proposals