Mumbai | 24 Mar, 2022 (12 months ago)

Property Law

Builder not pay outstanding rents

Hello, Our project of SRA started 7 years ago and till now the building is not complete and he said he will handover the possession this year anyhow. My issue is not with possession but he to pay outstanding rent of around 4 to 5 lakhs to me. In total around 3 crore to the everyone in the society.. He gave us part payment of rupees 4 lakh last year, and now still owes me 4 to 5 lakh. When asked about the remaining amount he said first let me complete the work and hand over the possession.. One one my friend suggest me to file a suit for recovery of rent before High Court and said now the matter regarding rent to tenants are disbursed within months and not years. IS THAT RIGHT ? Secondly my other friend who is a builder himself said it will be not advisable to go legal or I will have to wait for years to even receive the possession. forget about the arrears.. He said the lawyers who would fight for the builder would put some points against the Society and prove that is wrong it will take years.. only after that there will be a decision. WHO IS RIGHT ??? Should I go legally or NOT
24 Mar, 2022 | 20:37

Give me details information about the matter then we will discuss your case
You can call me for advise on


Advice on call

Fixed fee on-call advice
from expert lawyers.

talk to a lawyer

Get free Quotes

Post a requirement & get quotes from verified lawyers.

Get Free Legal Advice

Need legal help?

Send us your requirements and get free proposals directly to your inbox.

Get free proposals