Buxar | 30 Jul, 2021 (1 year, 10 months ago)

Property Law

Around 35 years ago, my late grandfather had verbally done batwara (partition) o

Around 35 years ago, my late grandfather had verbally done batwara (partition) of land with his brothers. The land which he received was on the name of his brother. We had then constructed a house over that land. Now after 35 years, his brother 's son is putting pressure on me to vacant the land otherwise he would go to court. What are possibilities if he moves to a court. Can the court ask me to vacate the land? Kindly help me.
31 Jul, 2021 | 07:33

Dear sir
If property is coparcenary ancestral property of Hindu family then you can claim partition and separate possession
Oral partition not legal one
For details discussion you can email me on

31 Jul, 2021 | 01:23


From the limited facts you hsbńgyÿt

Asker 31 Jul, 2021 | 09:42

Sorry sir, i didn't get you.

30 Jul, 2021 | 22:42

You can take defence of adverse possession. For any further assistance, feel free to contact me on my e-mail "shubhampabbiadv@gmail.com"

Shubham Pabbi & Associates

Shubham Pabbi 31 Jul, 2021 | 00:08

Sir there is law for adverse possession in our country. If you want better understanding, do contact me on my e-mail id "shubhampabbiadv@gmail.com"

Asker 30 Jul, 2021 | 23:08

Sorry sir, What is this adverse possession?


Advice on call

Fixed fee on-call advice
from expert lawyers.

talk to a lawyer

Get free Quotes

Post a requirement & get quotes from verified lawyers.

Get Free Legal Advice

Need legal help?

Send us your requirements and get free proposals directly to your inbox.

Get free proposals