Mumbai | 12 Mar, 2018 (3 years, 1 month ago)


Should we do housing soceity formation in our building ?

Our building project registered under RERA in Mira Road Thane is still under construction. We have taken possession.. paid property tax. Should we go ahead with soceity formation formalities even though lot of construction related work is pending and delayed. Will soceity formation hamper on going construction work?
26 Mar, 2018 | 15:41

Hi. Yes you can form and register a co-operative housing society if 51% flat bookings are done by the builder . The society formation will not hamper the construction work. You can request your builder to form and register a housing society of the flat allottees. Such a society has to be formed within 3 months of 51% bookings made by the builder. If the builder does not form a society then the allottees can apply to RERA which will pass necessary order to enable the allottees to form and register a housing society.


Advice on call

Fixed fee on-call advice
from expert lawyers.

talk to a lawyer

Get free Quotes

Post a requirement & get quotes from verified lawyers.

Get Free Legal Advice

Need legal help?

Send us your requirements and get free proposals directly to your inbox.

Get free proposals