Navi Mumbai | 13 Mar, 2021 (2 years, 2 months ago)

General Advice

Mental and physical abuse by parents faced by my brother and I

I'm a 20 yese old girl living in Mumbai. My brother and I have been undergoing physical and mental abuse by our parents since we were around 5-6 years old. My brother is 16 years old now and still undergoing physical violence, whereas I was beaten up till I was 16-17. We both are scared to do anything about our situation right now, since we don't think any other relative would be willing to take us in or provide for us, and taking action now could ruin our future and education. But we have planned to move out of our house the moment we become financially independent. We want to cut off all contact with our parents. Will we face any legal consequences if we do this? Can our parents take action against us if they feel that we have abandoned them? I'm worried, please help
04 Jul, 2021 | 10:12


One you are an adult can take your own decisions, secondly if your brother is getting being bothered even he can make a complaint


Advice on call

Fixed fee on-call advice
from expert lawyers.

talk to a lawyer

Get free Quotes

Post a requirement & get quotes from verified lawyers.

Get Free Legal Advice

Need legal help?

Send us your requirements and get free proposals directly to your inbox.

Get free proposals