Mumbai | 13 Jul, 2018 (4 years, 10 months ago)

General Advice

Damage to ceiling and walls of house due to leakage from the floor above

We have been facing the problem of drainage water leakage from the bathroom of the flat on the floor above us in one of our bedrooms for the last 6 months. We have written multiple letters to the house owner and society, but nothing has been done to resolve the issue. I have even consulted housing federations, etc to find a way to amicably solve the issues. However, this hasn't been done. What are the legal options available for me, and can I file an FIR against the owner of the other flat for intentional damage?
27 Jul, 2018 | 16:56

You can file a FIR for negligence and intentional damage. In addition to this, you should file a suit for mandatory injunction and damages in the district courts.


Advice on call

Fixed fee on-call advice
from expert lawyers.

talk to a lawyer

Get free Quotes

Post a requirement & get quotes from verified lawyers.

Get Free Legal Advice

Need legal help?

Send us your requirements and get free proposals directly to your inbox.

Get free proposals