Pune | 29 Sep, 2018 (4 years, 5 months ago)

General Advice

A tenant staying on top floor destroyed my balcony shed, how to recover damages

Dear Sir-I stay in a housing society. A tenant residing on top floor of my building has thrown a water bottle and damaged my balcony shed. When I informed this to the owner, the tenant instead of apologizing, this time threw heavy stones and damaged my shed a second time. Tenant is refusing to pay for the damage.The owner is not taking any action against the tenant. I gave written complaint in society office but they have done nothing. Tenant’s daughter had earlier defecated outside the common lift but society didn’t take any action then too. The tenant also made a bogus complaint to local police that we were harassing his daughter. Is there any benefit if I raise this issue in my society’s AGM, which is tomorrow? What action I need to take and against whom to ensure I can recover the damage costs?
Riya Malhotra
23 Sep, 2019 | 16:58

Thank You for your query. We can get it done for you. Request you to send us an email and your phone number so that the customer ops team can reach you out. Also you can contact us at 8448948496


Advice on call

Fixed fee on-call advice
from expert lawyers.

talk to a lawyer

Get free Quotes

Post a requirement & get quotes from verified lawyers.

Get Free Legal Advice

Need legal help?

Send us your requirements and get free proposals directly to your inbox.

Get free proposals