Kolkata | 22 Jul, 2021 (1 day, 9 hours ago)

Family Law

Mutation of a Registered Gift Deed, donor expired

We are two children of my mother, me and my sister (married). Thorough a GIFT DEED, my mother has transferred the entire House Property owned by her (purchased property by her, not ancestral) to me only. It has been registered at Registry Office in year 2010, following all the required procedure. But MUTATION has not been done. My mother (donor) has expired few months ago. Now my query is :- a) How the MUTATION could be done in my name at this stage (as donor expired)? b) Should it be required to involve my married sister also anyhow in this Mutation procedure, like No Objection from my sister or anything else is necessary? Please help with your precious suggestions.
22 Jul, 2021 | 21:16

Dear sir
I can draft your sanction of mutation entry petition
Revenue authority has power to sanction mutation specially tahasildar
If gift was executed in your favour then no objection certificate not required
If you Mail me then we will discuss in detail

22 Jul, 2021 | 21:11

You don’t need any type of document from your sister to mutate the entry. All you need to do is to file an application to mutate the entry in your name with the registered gift deed and death certificate of your mother.


Advice on call

Fixed fee on-call advice
from expert lawyers.

talk to a lawyer

Get free Quotes

Post a requirement & get quotes from verified lawyers.

Get Free Legal Advice

Need legal help?

Send us your requirements and get free proposals directly to your inbox.

Get free proposals