Noida | 24 Jul, 2019 (3 years, 4 months ago)

Employment and Labour Laws

I need a lawyer to file a cheating case against ex partner

I am a freelancer engineering professional . Few months back, I came in contact with a factory owner running his small scale manufacturing set up in Ghaziabad. He had some construction background and he offered me a partnership to start doing project construction work on profit sharing basis plus some token salary. Within less than 3 months, he broke the partnership but promised to settle the dues. He paid me only once of initial few days of first month and not paying balance one month and remaining days dues. I consider to be a dishonest attitude and would like to file a case against him for unprofessionalism, dishonesty and cheating. Can someone suggest the way forward.

Dear Sir,
You may contact local advocates and get file a private complaint under Section 200 Cr.P.C.

Ashutosh Senger
25 Jul, 2019 | 00:53

Hi based on the limited facts narrated by you in the query, in my opinion, you can initiate both civil and criminal proceedings. In criminal you can file for cheating under Section 420 Indian Penal Code (IPC) and in civil proceedings you can file summary suit to recover your dues under Order 37 of Civil Procedure Code (CPC).

Should your documentation be right, you should be hopeful to obtain your rightful dues.


Asker 25 Jul, 2019 | 11:02

Thanks a lot Ashutosh Ji


Advice on call

Fixed fee on-call advice
from expert lawyers.

talk to a lawyer

Get free Quotes

Post a requirement & get quotes from verified lawyers.

Get Free Legal Advice

Need legal help?

Send us your requirements and get free proposals directly to your inbox.

Get free proposals