Gurgaon | 16 Dec, 2019 (3 years, 3 months ago)

Employment and Labour Laws

Gratuity entitlement

I worked with an IT firm for 4 years, 11 months and some days from 2000 to 2005. When I left, the employer did not pay out any gratuity to me. I recently re-enquired and they said they policy did not mandate they should pay me gratuity. Is this correct?

Dear Sir,
Get issue a legal notice and approach concerned Court.

16 Dec, 2019 | 11:34

You will be eligible for gratuity only if you have completed service of "5 continuous years". your working between 2000 to 2005 will not be considered under "continuous period of service" under Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972 and hence you will not be eligible for "Gratuity".


Advice on call

Fixed fee on-call advice
from expert lawyers.

talk to a lawyer

Get free Quotes

Post a requirement & get quotes from verified lawyers.

Get Free Legal Advice

Need legal help?

Send us your requirements and get free proposals directly to your inbox.

Get free proposals