Delhi | 28 Feb, 2022 (1 year ago)

Criminal Law

Uttar Pradesh

There is a cheque bounce case against me. The case is at charge stage. Cheque was given as per mutual understanding to settle the dispute. However that mutual understanding was broken. So I stopped the cheque. I got a FIR against the other party fir criminal breach of trust. So based on that Can I try to get the cheque case quashed? Kindly reply.
01 Mar, 2022 | 17:57

1. Whether the High Court can quash criminal proceedings against an accused depends on the facts of each case.
2. However, in Shiksha Educational Trust v. State of U.P., 2021 SCC OnLine All 450, decided on 2-07-2021, in a cheque dishonour matter, the Allahabad High Court refused to quash proceedings instituted under section 138 N.I.Act and instead levied a cost of Rs. 50,000/- on the accused.
3. Therefore, a petition instituted under section 482 CrPC for quashing of criminal proceedings must not be instituted as an after thought but on very strong grounds.
For consultation you can write to me at

01 Mar, 2022 | 09:09

Please reach me at 9794148274

01 Mar, 2022 | 06:58

Give me details information about the matter then we will discuss your case.
You can call me for advise on

28 Feb, 2022 | 23:45

Sir, I'll provide you certain legal suggestions, but for that i need to ask certain questions from you. For any further assistance, feel free to contact me on my e-mail ""

Shubham Pabbi & Associates

28 Feb, 2022 | 23:25

Very much possibility to quashing the matter if the agreement is clear about the same.for more advise we need detail information about the case and FIR.For further advise Please contact.................
Mobile- 9818721841


Advice on call

Fixed fee on-call advice
from expert lawyers.

talk to a lawyer

Get free Quotes

Post a requirement & get quotes from verified lawyers.

Get Free Legal Advice

Need legal help?

Send us your requirements and get free proposals directly to your inbox.

Get free proposals