Mumbai | 16 Jan, 2023 (2 months ago)

Criminal Law

Session judge power to direct trial to be expedited by the trial court

Can session judge in his order rejecting the revision application give direction to trial court to expediate the trial at trial court? I have heard that only High Court can give direction to expedite the matter.
17 Jan, 2023 | 14:46

Usually, only Supreme Court & High Courts have the power to issue such directions under the writ of mandamus under Article 32 & 226, respectively.

You may reach out at, for further discussions.

Adv. Akshay Lal
Taarkik Legal - Advocates & Consultants


Advice on call

Fixed fee on-call advice
from expert lawyers.

talk to a lawyer

Get free Quotes

Post a requirement & get quotes from verified lawyers.

Get Free Legal Advice

Need legal help?

Send us your requirements and get free proposals directly to your inbox.

Get free proposals