Bengaluru | 29 Jun, 2022 (9 months ago)

Criminal Law

Defamation Issue

We are living in an apartment where an EC member is constantly defaming me and my wife. We have ample evidences of whatsapp chats, call recordings, etc. I can explain in detail and provide evidences
03 Jul, 2022 | 15:13

You may contact us for free advice

Komal Tyagi Advocate
Criminal & Civil Lawyer

Founder- Justice In You

30 Jun, 2022 | 12:37

Is the person saying things only to you or also to third parties for example your friends, neighbours or colleagues? Or he is simply restricting his statements to you and your wife?

Shradha Agrawal 03 Jul, 2022 | 21:16

Okay. Kindly write to at I shall let you know the best legal recourse.

Asker 30 Jun, 2022 | 21:02

I think its only for us. Actually, the issue is that he had an altercation with one of our friends and this person started abusing us. A common acquaintance intervened and this person called me and offered a conditional apology. But I guess this hurt this person's ego and he started fighting with my wife a few days later on a common public forum. After a few months, there was another issue in which the entire EC ganged up against us over a trivial matter and started defaming us in a whatsapp group. We complained to the police and police called them to the station and supposedly asked them to resolve it. However, the EC called for a GBM (we were not invited) and there this person said referring to me that "I forward the ladies of the house". One of their friends also said in the GBM that if we go to the police, then this person was recommended to file a counter complaint. My wife has been severely disturbed since then. We have the GBM’s recording with us as well. WE don’t know what legal recourse we have. We also suspect that these people will use money from EC’s funds to fight any legal battle with us.

29 Jun, 2022 | 23:47

Feel free to contact me at in case you wish to discuss your matter and avail advisory vide telephonic consultation. (Fees I shall let you know over the email).
Adv Vaidehi Samant


Advice on call

Fixed fee on-call advice
from expert lawyers.

talk to a lawyer

Get free Quotes

Post a requirement & get quotes from verified lawyers.

Get Free Legal Advice

Need legal help?

Send us your requirements and get free proposals directly to your inbox.

Get free proposals