Delhi | 20 Feb, 2022 (9 months, 2 weeks ago)

Criminal Law

Defamation case in a false FIR

My wife had filed a false 498a case against me, my younger sister who is studying and my age old parents. My younger sister name was removed by the IO during investigation and my parents were discharged in the case by the trail court. Only iam facing criminal trail. I want to ask whether defamation case can be filed by my sister and my parents against my wife and her parents.
20 Feb, 2022 | 15:34

1. Since IO removed name of your sister during investigation, it was the IO's responsibility to initiate action against your wife under section 182 IPC i.e. punishment for maliciously furnishing false information to public servant.
2. Your sister can file complaint with concerned police station if IO has not initiated action against your wife.
3. Your parents can file criminal case against your wife for defamation and malicious prosecution.
4. Your parents can also file civil suit claiming damages for malicious prosecution and defamation.
For further consultation feel free to contact me through email -

20 Feb, 2022 | 12:05

Yes. Why not. For any further assistance, feel free to contact me on my e-mail ""

Shubham Pabbi & Associates

20 Feb, 2022 | 11:46

Please reach me at 9794148274

20 Feb, 2022 | 09:38

Give me details information about the matter then we will discuss your case, you can call me for advise on


Advice on call

Fixed fee on-call advice
from expert lawyers.

talk to a lawyer

Get free Quotes

Post a requirement & get quotes from verified lawyers.

Get Free Legal Advice

Need legal help?

Send us your requirements and get free proposals directly to your inbox.

Get free proposals