Bengaluru | 26 Jun, 2021 (1 year, 9 months ago)

Criminal Law

Debtor refuses to pay back money.

An acquaintance borrowed sum of money (cash) from me a few years back. He had given me a security cheque in his name at the time. It’s been 5 years and he refuses to pay back. He and his wife owe a lot of people money. He has been stalling for years and now he pretends like he doesn’t have any money to pay back. I find that hard to believe because he has taken so many people’s money and it was done with the intention of scamming people. He doesn’t have any properties in his name. The house they live in is in his wife’s name and another property in his mother’s name and he has closed all his bank accounts. The cheque he had given me is now bounced. Need to highlight that his wife was also involved in the scam however, the security cheque given is in his name. Is it possible to hold his wife responsible as well. Need to know if it’s possible to get back my money legally through the case of cheque bounce. Kindly advice if I should go ahead with this legally or if there’s no way of getting back my money.
28 Jun, 2021 | 15:30

Yes, ofcourse you can go ahead and file a case of cheque bounce. However, before that you would have to issue a legal notice to that person to pay you back money to avoid litigation. If he obeys, then good otherwise you can file the case by attaching the notice.

26 Jun, 2021 | 18:10

Call me we will discuss
Mob 9359867870


Advice on call

Fixed fee on-call advice
from expert lawyers.

talk to a lawyer

Get free Quotes

Post a requirement & get quotes from verified lawyers.

Get Free Legal Advice

Need legal help?

Send us your requirements and get free proposals directly to your inbox.

Get free proposals