Palakkad | 15 Apr, 2022 (1 year, 1 month ago)

Criminal Law

Crpc 1973,section 197 protection to govt. servants

I am a govt. servant in panchayat dept. Forest dept. charged criminal case against me based on my action in official duty. When I asked through RTI act, the reply was "there is no need of informing the govt./dept. before charging the case according to crpc 197, but the govt./dept,permission is needed only before punishment or arrest". Is the above reply legally correct or not.
16 Apr, 2022 | 00:26

Sir, I'll provide you certain legal suggestions, but for that i need to ask certain questions from you. For any further assistance, feel free to contact me on my e-mail ""

Shubham Pabbi & Associates


Advice on call

Fixed fee on-call advice
from expert lawyers.

talk to a lawyer

Get free Quotes

Post a requirement & get quotes from verified lawyers.

Get Free Legal Advice

Need legal help?

Send us your requirements and get free proposals directly to your inbox.

Get free proposals