Hyderabad | 27 May, 2022 (6 months ago)

Criminal Law


Query is related to Details present in the divorce Settlement Agreement My Sister filed a 498 case and Dowry prohibition case against her husband in which she stated that Husband took 10L as a dowry for marriage and additional 20L they are demanding after marriage. Now both my sister and her husband entered into a compromise with 30L as a permanent settlement alimony in exchange withdraw 498 and dowry nd mutual divorce . Now in Settlement Agreement there is a sentence"We didn't take any dowry for marriage " they want us to sign on that.If my sister sign on that will it be used as a evidence for 498
01 Jun, 2022 | 19:51

You may contact us for free advice

Komal Tyagi Advocate
Criminal Lawyer

Founder- Justice In You

30 May, 2022 | 15:06

You must try and avoid signing an agreement consisting of such clauses.
A petition for divorce through mutual consent does not need to have the clause that you have mentioned.
There might be a scenario where the husband backs out at the last moment. Then such a clause can be used against you in court.

28 May, 2022 | 09:32

Show me copy of FIR and give me details information about the matter then we will discuss your case
You can call me for advise on

27 May, 2022 | 22:19

I'll provide you certain legal suggestions, but for that i need to ask certain questions from you. For any further assistance, feel free to contact me on my e-mail "shubhampabbiadv@gmail.com"

Shubham Pabbi & Associates

27 May, 2022 | 15:10

You can add a clause saying that the terms of settlement cannot be used in any proceedings in case the settlement between the parties fail.


Advice on call

Fixed fee on-call advice
from expert lawyers.

talk to a lawyer

Get free Quotes

Post a requirement & get quotes from verified lawyers.

Get Free Legal Advice

Need legal help?

Send us your requirements and get free proposals directly to your inbox.

Get free proposals