Guwahati | 11 May, 2022 (10 months, 1 week ago)

Criminal Law

Blackmailing, threatening and Defaming

My x bf from India lives in Canada. Upon breaking up, she defamed me, threatening and blackmailing to share compromised pics and videos which I know is a breach of trust and privacy. I was told by the other lawyer I consulted including police that nothing can be done as he is in Canada and falls under different jurisdiction. Police said the same. Does that mean I have to wait for him to spread in social media only then I can file an FIR. Just wanted some knowledge that I must have. Do I not have any options for this solution and continue to be threathen by him due to law enforcement limitation. Thanks.
15 May, 2022 | 16:26

You may contact us.

Komal Tyagi Advocate
Criminal Lawyer

Founder- Justice In You

13 May, 2022 | 18:53

You can try writing complaint here
It is in relation to NRI husbands, however, you can try writing here. Or call on the number given on this page.

12 May, 2022 | 03:47

Dear client
As per your submission it reveals that this is a matter of defamation
Give me details information about the matter then we will discuss your case
You can call me for advise

11 May, 2022 | 21:44

Please reach me on whatsapp at 9794148274 for consultation


Advice on call

Fixed fee on-call advice
from expert lawyers.

talk to a lawyer

Get free Quotes

Post a requirement & get quotes from verified lawyers.

Get Free Legal Advice

Need legal help?

Send us your requirements and get free proposals directly to your inbox.

Get free proposals