Mumbai | 18 Sep, 2017 (2 years, 9 months ago)

Contracts & Legal Documentation / Agreements

Mahada Flat Transfer

Hi I bought this mahada flat @ kandivali in 2005, before my marriage, now my in laws are staying in the said property, the sale agreement and mahada tranfer orignal papers they snatched from me when i was residing with my inlaws, is there any way that my SIL can transfer the property in her name? with the help of these documents?
26 Mar, 2018 | 14:14

Hi. If the agreement for the flat is registered in your name, then there is no way that your in laws can sell the flat to a third party. They do not have a registered document in their name and thus do not have a title to the flat for them to be able to sell the same. Yes there is one possibility of your in laws trying to illegally deposit your title deeds as a collateral security for any loan. But that is also not possible without your signature. Since they have snatched the documents from you illegally, you must immediately lodge a criminal complaint against them with the police.


Advice on call

Fixed fee on-call advice
from expert lawyers.

talk to a lawyer

Get free Quotes

Post a requirement & get quotes from verified lawyers.

post a requirement

Need legal help?

Send us your requirements and get free proposals directly to your inbox.

Get free proposals